Thursday, October 17, 2013

Who are You Living For?

I was listening to the song "Born Again" by Newsboys

Here is the first part of the song:


I found myself looking into the mirror
Knew I wasn't who I wanted to be
I was living life the way that I wanted
But my eyes reminded me I'm not free

Believed a lie so everything that I know
Says I gotta go, tired of going solo
But I'm never gonna go there again

This is what it is, this is who I am
This is where I finally take my stand
I didn't wanna fall but I don't have to crawl
I met the one with two scarred hands

Giving Him the best of
Everything that's left of
The life inside this man
I've been born again


And I Realized that So Many of us are living our lives for ourselves.

Our Western Culture Tells us to be Independent:

Bow for No One
Be Your Own 'Man'
Depend on No One but Yourself
and
If it Feels Good--Do It



Living Life the way that WE want it

And that is why we smirk at those "bible thumping christians" who are fools for their "god"


But we are not happy.
We are seeking something, but we don't know what.

We keep looking in the mirror, and we know this isn't how it was meant to be.

There is an emptiness inside.

We try to fill that void

With Food


or Drugs


or Sex




We want some unconditional love--we keep seeking but never find 


Even though it is right there, and has always been there with us all along.

Those of us who open our eyes and remind ourselves that we are not free
and allow the one with two scarred hands to love us 
and give ourselves to him
and begin to live our life for him

we will be born again

and we will know joy



No comments:

Post a Comment