Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spy Wednesday


This is the day that Judas betrays Jesus for 30 pieces of silver (which is why this is sometimes referred to as "Spy" Wednesday)


I am not sure what motivated him to want to betray Jesus.....greed for the reward?   jealousy of his popularity?  Whatever it was, this weakness in sin allowed Satan access to Judas and the contract between the priests and Judas to turn Jesus over to them.   
Did Judas know that Jesus's  punishment would be death?  I don't know......below are the related verses:
Then one of the twelve, whose name was Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said,
“What will you give me if I deliver him over to you?”
And they paid him thirty pieces of silver.
And from that moment he sought an opportunity to betray him.
Then Judas Iscariot, who was one of the twelve, went to the chief priests in order to betray him to them.
And when they heard it, they were glad and promised to give him money.
And he sought an opportunity to betray him.
Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve.
He went away and conferred with the chief priests and officers how he might betray him to them.
And they were glad, and agreed to give him money.
So he consented and sought an opportunity to betray him to them in the absence of a crowd

***

There is a verse in the song"You Love me Anyway" by Sidewalk Prophets:
"I am Judas's kiss....and you love me any way"

**WARNING:  GRAPHIC IMAGES FROM "PASSION OF CHRIST"



I think it is a powerful song about Jesus's forgiveness of our sins.

I picked this You Tube version of the song since it is Holy Week.
It is very Graphic, I hope it didn't upset you....
But maybe it is good if it did.
It shows the depths of His Love for Us.

He suffered..

For Us.

So that We Might Live with Him in Eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment