Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"Feathers!! Feathers!! Feathers!!"

Psalm 91


Psalm 91: 1-4
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
    my God, in whom I trust.”
Surely he will save you
    from the fowler’s snare
    and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.



A friend shared this story written by Kay Arthur with me:

"She had stopped at a red light.  Before she even realized the car door had opened, a man had a gun stuck in her side.  He demanded, "Lady, just drive.  Don't do anything dumb!"
She had just heard a message on Psalm 91.  This Psalm told her that God was her refuge, that he was her fortress, that he would deliver her from the snare of the fowler, that he covered her with his feathers, that he was her shield and rampart.   But in this instant, with a gun in her side and her mind in a whirl, she could not think of the exact words of the Scripture.
In desperation, all she could come up with and exclaim was "Feathers! Feathers! Feathers!"
The hijacker panicked.  He shouted, "Lady, you are crazy!" And as quickly as he had appeared, he disappeared!"





Psalm 91: 14-16  
14 “Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.





When you find yourself frightened or in need, remember God's promise and turn to Him.


"When your knees are knocking--Kneel on them"~ author unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment